Saturday, May 3, 2008

I might be down but my spirits are high


Thurday didn’t go as well as we expected. We went into surgery to simply clean up the floating meniscus pieces and torn cartilage that were inside my knee and come to find out there was a little more than that. When Dr. Karsch got inside he noticed that I didn’t have any cartilage behind my knee. That is probably where the pain has been coming from because my knee was rubbing bone on bone. I’ve always said that if I’m half the man my dad is that I’d be happy. This is not the half that I was talking about. In order to fix this they decided to drill about 11 holes in my knee to break it and start the healing process which will enable the cartilage to grow during the healing. So this has taken me from being on cruches for four day to four weeks. I have been placed in a large flexibility machine that I have been instructed I need to be in for a minimum of 6 hours a day for 3-4 weeks. This is not my idea of fun.

2 comments:

Shayna said...

WOW... I had no idea that you had a bumm knee! That stinks. At least your spirits are high! I had that same thing with my ankle after my mission. they were going to just go clean it up... and i woke up with a whole new contructed ankle and akilies (spelling) tendon. Hope all goes well!

Mandi said...

SAD! I was just going to see if you and your family wanted to go camping for Memorial Day...guess that won't be happening :(

Good luck with the healing process. I hope it works out well for you.