Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Our Journey to the West

The last two weeks were really fun. We were able to go spend some time in Utah with my family. We flew in on Sunday May 25th at 10:30 AM and were able to get there in time to hear my brother Robert give his farewell address at 1:00 PM. That was cutting it a little close. Robert is going to serve a mission for our church in Mexico for the next two years. He was so ready to get on with his mission life. We were also able to see him off in the MTC (Missionary Training Center) a week and a half later. He will be there until August some time learning Spanish and what it takes to be an effective missionary.

Some of the other things we did while we were in Utah were played with cousins (A LOT), golf (I had to just drive the cart cause of my knee), I went to work for a few days, we saw my siblings dance concert, went to our family property in Nephi, played a lot of card games, and we went to see Kung Fu Panda before we went home. I would recommend this movie to ALL. It was great!

The highlight for me of this trip was the night Robert was set apart as a missionary. The entire family was present to witness this wonderful event. After he was set apart we all gathered for a last family memory building experience. It’s a tradition that whenever a family member goes into the mission field all those that who have served a mission share a missionary moment and the feelings of what it was like to serve. This was such a great experience. We all shared in the spirit and tears together. Even my little sweet Megan wanted to say something to Robert. The words she spoke were the following: “Robert, I love you and I know that you will be able to teach the spirit to the people of Mexico.” After she was done saying that and telling Robert that she would miss him she was just sobbing. It was such a sweet moment. Megan has the softest little heart and her emotions are very close to the surface.

I hated to see all these wonderful experiences come to an end but it is said that ALL good things MUST come to an end sooner or later. A fun time was had by all but most importantly memories were made that will last forever.

 

2 comments:

Mandi said...

That is SO great that you were all able to spend 2 weeks together! I am sure you all had a fantastic time and made memories to last forever. Love to all.

Gram Rudd said...

What a sweet time that must have been. Thanks so much for sharing it.
Grandpa and I are really enjoying the Rudd Reunion book Laura sent to us and thinking how dear you all are to us. Grandma