Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Pool Day Gone BAD!!!






Yesterday was to be a day of fun at the pool with friends and family. We went to our neighborhood pool with our neigbors the Moore's and their friends McKenna and Will. We had only been there 15 minutes when things went BAD. Will was playing with a plastic water shooter that you fill with water and shoot at people. He filled it up and decided he was done playing with it and proceeded to throw it out of the pool. Well it didn't go the way he had planned. Instead it hit Megan right on the side of her face and cut a huge gash in her cheek. She began to scream really loud and Cherie and I thought she had been kicked in the face because we couldn't see the water shooter and we saw McKenna swimming off. I walked over and saw the blood pooring out of her face and knew we were in trouble. I grabbed Meggie out of the pool and lifted her hand off her face and couldn't of imagined what I saw. It was HUGE!! Needless to say I grabbed my keys and we ran. I didn't even think to ask Cherie to keep Lex. I guess it was just assumed. Andy had luckly just landed at the airport and was able to make record driving time and got to the hospital just after they took her to a room. Megan ended up with 7 stitches in her pretty little face. She was so brave and did a great job. The doctor was really nice and the nurse was named Wayne, so he ended up with the nickname of Grandpa Wayne. It was quite an eventful day. Not what we had planned for a day of fun at the pool.



5 comments:

Mandi said...

How sad :(
It looks like it stiched up nicely. And it is nice that you had a nice doctor and nurse. I hope everything heals up well.

Linda said...

I just stumbled upon this blog through the Rudd Family Page. I'm glad I did. I enjoyed reading all of the posts. I'm sorry for Megan's mishap. I so enjoyed reading of the baptism, graduation, visit to Utah etc. Sorry about the knee Andy. Hope it is healing well. Love to all, Aunt Lindy

Gram Rudd said...

Wow! It sure did lay it right open didn't it? So sorry it happened. Kids seem to heal so fast thank goodness and the doc did a great job. It doesn't look like it should leave too much of a scar. It can be her little badge of courage and a good story for her to share. Give her hugs from gr. grandma.

Melinda H. said...

Nothing ever goes as planned. It's a bummer that is hit her right in the face, but it looks like they did a great job on the stitches. I can't believe that she smiled for a picture when she was getting stitches, maybe it was before the stitches and she didn't know what was coming? Hope you guys are well, besides this incident!

The Batty Bunch said...

What a bum ending to the beginning of a fun day. Way to be brave McKenna! Kind of crazy how the parent love kicks in for the injured child, thank goodness for loved ones that read your mind to tend to the uninjured. Been there done that. ;)