Thursday, September 23, 2010

My first Apple Pie

You would think that since I help my mom with her Catering/Wedding business that I know how to cook. Well I do know how to cook, what I don't know is how to Bake. Today my mom taught me how to make a homemade apple pie from scratch. We had a really great time and the pie turned out really good. It was actually really easy to make your own crust. I assumed that it would take a lot longer than it did. Since Alexis is allergic to cinnamon I made her her own tiny pie without cinnamon. It was really cute. I love that I am able to be close to my mom and that we can share days like this together. She decided she needed to get a picture of me with my leg perched up because I always have my leg up while I am cooking in the kitchen. It's not so weird, my sister Jenn does the same thing!!


2 comments:

Ryan and Brindi said...

oh yum! that looks delicious! i am so impressed because that sounds and looks super hard! how great that you spent such a fun day with your mama. you two are so cute!!

Mandi said...

Good work, Jess!