Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

We went back over to Grandma and Grandpa's house to have Christmas eve. Every year we let the kids open one gift on Christmas Eve. It has been a tradition for both Andy and myself since we were kids. In Andy's family they always got to open a new pair of PJ's, so that is what we do with our girls and each other. It has become a great tradition for our little family. Funny thing about Andy's gift was that he had lost his BYU sweatshirt several months ago and has been really bumbed about it. So that is what he wanted me to get him this year for his pj's. Well a few days before, I was over at my mom's and she had found a BYU sweatshirt in the front closet and wanted to know if I knew who's it was. I got so excited because Andy has been looking everywhere for it. So I decided to wrap it up with his pajama pants and stick a little note in the box that said "I FOUND IT" Needless to say he was very excited.



After we opened our pj's we let the kids give grandma a Paula Dean Cooking CD that Lexi had found and thought would make a great gift for grandma. We also gave them a Cocomotion Hot Chocolate maker. Grandma was so excited about it because she loves hot chocolate. We definitely tried it out tonight and it was awesome. The gift that my dad opened was one that I was very excited to give them. A few months ago I had the thought to ask the entire family one night at dinner if they would all write their testimonies down and send them to me. Once I received everyone's I compiled them all into a book and had it printed up. Each page had a picture and a testimony on it. It was so amazing to read them all and I believe it is a treasure that will last a lifetime.



When we got home it was time to feed the reindeer and leave some cookies out for Santa. Then we went up to bed and daddy read the girls "The Night Before Christmas." This was a great day.

No comments: