Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Eve at the Shumway's

We usually spend New Year's Eve with my parents but this year we were invited to go to a friends house. We thought we would go for a while and then go to my parents just before midnight, instead we decided to stay at the Shumways. We spent the night eating, dancing and playing games. We were having a fun time. The kids were so excited to see the peach drop. This is their favorite part of course. They were getting tired but managed to make it to midnight. We unfortunately did not get to see the ball drop, due to everyone else wanting to watch the crazy guy jump over a building or something like that with his car. My attempts to get the channel changed for my girls who had been waiting all night, did not work out (even though you can watch the stupid car jump a million time on ESPN) My girls were very sad and we had lots of tears but all in all we had a fun time. I'm pretty sure next year we will stick to what we know and go to my parents. I love my Rachel and I'm glad she invited us over.


Faking a smile so mommy could at least get one picture of them at midnight. We just said happy new year ourselves drank our sparkling cider and left.

No comments: